CALL: (833) 200-1201
Shipping & Return Policy
Butler Lighting’s Policies
If you are unsure or have questions about your order PLEASE CONTACT US.
We are lighting professionals here to help!
Your Satisfaction is our Number One Goal. At Butler Lighting, we want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase, and exactly what you want. Our sincere goal is to provide an enjoyable shopping experience that encourages you to shop with us for years to come. On the occasion that you receive a product that you just don’t like or that doesn’t match your décor, our experienced customer service staff is just a phone call away and will guide you through our easy return policy.
Please Read First
FOR SHOWROOM CUSTOMERS: Please see “In-Store Returns Policies”
Customers who place orders online are responsible for the accuracy of their product selection and information entered; contact us prior to ordering for help.
14-days from the day your order arrives is the maximum amount of time for an item to be returned for FREE.
A 20% restocking fee will be added after 14 days. (Contact us prior to purchasing for more information on widening this window).
CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR RETURN SHIPPING COST!
Note: If your product has arrived damaged or doesn’t work properly, please refer to the “Damaged & Defective Goods Policy” below.
ButlerLightingUSA.com’s Return Policy
- Acquire authorization and instructions: To begin the process, please contact online sales at firstname.lastname@example.org OR Call our online sales department (EXTENSION #1) Give us details on why you are returning. IF THE GLASS IS BROKEN WE WILL SEND A REPLACEMENT PIECE OF GLASS, NO CHARGE. PLEASE SPECIFY. Items sent without notification to our warehouse may result in no refund.
- Shipping product back: Ship the item to our 2203 North Church Street, Greensboro, NC – 27405, warehouse address. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR ORDER ID (This is how we refund you). For large items that are not considered “standard shipping,” your sales associate will plan otherwise.
- Good Packaging: Re-pack products for return in the original box with original packaging material.
- Use the return label provided or your label and write the ORDER ID NUMBER matching the order you are returning. Do not write on the box to maintain its like-new condition. Improper labeling may result in the denial of return.
- Ship & Insure: Next, ship the product to the warehouse address provided using a carrier that will provide both a tracking number as well as a signature that the item was confirmed delivered. Please do not ship USPS because they do not provide these guarantees. If we are unable to confirm the delivery of your item, this may result in the denial of a refund.
- Tracking Number: We will only accept returns from a carrier that will provide you with a return tracking number as this will speed up your return process. Retain your tracking number and email it to email@example.com, so that we can check on the progress of your return. If you have not received a credit within 14 days from the date of delivery to the warehouse, please contact our store and provide us with the tracking number so that we can expedite the credit process for you.
- You will have 14 days in which to return the product from the date (on our records) it arrived. If a return is damaged on its way back to the return destination, we will inform you via email or phone that the item was received damaged and hold the product for up to 14 days. It is the customer’s responsibility to file a claim with the shipping carrier and instruct us concerning what to do with the damaged product. If we have not received notification or response from the customer within 14 days, the item will be donated or destroyed. Butler Lighting is not responsible for damaged goods under the possession of a shipping carrier.
- Refunds: Once the returned item has been received and verified to have all original contents and packaging and confirmed to be free of damage, the refund credit process will begin. Customers will be refunded, for free unless there is a restocking and freight charge, via the same method in which the item was purchased or via check from Butler Lighting. Refunds via check are typically issued within 14 business days of final approval.
Items returned without the proper labels or sent to the wrong warehouse are subject to an automatic 50% restocking fee or complete forfeiture of your refund. If credit is to be given, it will be by store credit only. Please read your return instructions carefully to avoid delays and unnecessary expenses.
Please do not request a chargeback from your credit card company during the return process. Due to the time it takes to resolve chargeback disputes, it is usually better to be patient and wait for the return process to run its course. If a chargeback has been submitted, we will not be able to credit you for your return until the chargeback mediation process has been completed. This process can take up to 180 days.
Items Not Eligible For Returns/Credit Include:
- Special purchases, including: clearance items, inventory sale items, etc.
- Any item that has been assembled, installed (including cut or clipped wires), modified or used in any way.
- Any item that is not in resalable condition.
- Any item not accompanied by an ORDER ID NUMBER issued by Butler Lighting. Any item that is not in the original box with sufficient packaging materials.
- Large orders: (Orders containing 10 or more of a single item). When ordering large quantities, we suggest ordering a sample for evaluation or calling us to answer your specification questions.
- Light bulbs, parts, and shades, furniture, home decor.
- Any item not purchased from Butler Lighting or butlerlightingusa.com
- Over 14 days since delivered
- Shipping & handling charges.
Damaged & Defective Goods Policy
We understand that a product may get damaged in transit or, on occasion, there may be a manufacturer product defect. Rest assured, we will stand by you during this process and make sure we do everything we can to bring it to a satisfying and timely conclusion – at no expense to you. For us to offer this level of service, however, we need a little help from the customer in the form of a detailed product inspection immediately upon delivery. This will make things much easier if you decide to return the item. Contact us directly so we can send a shipping label free of charge (only for damaged goods). All items that are RECEIVED and perceived as damaged will be replaced for FREE.
Small Package Deliveries
For smaller UPS or FedEx deliveries that are damaged in transit, instead of refusing the package, please contact our store immediately. If damages are reported within 7 days for UPS or FedEx deliveries, we can file a claim on behalf of the customer and work to quickly resolve it. Please be aware that replacements or refunds can be hindered or denied if the customer fails to notify Butler Lighting of defective or damaged merchandise within two business days of receipt. After 7 days it is up to the customer to contact the carrier.
Large Package Deliveries
Immediate inspection is especially important when receiving large items (such as a chandelier, large pendant, or glass items) from common freight carriers. In this case, it is important to notate any damage to the bill of lading or receipt when you sign for the delivery, even if the package appears only slightly damaged. Customers who sign for the delivery and do not notate “damage” assume responsibility if merchandise is damaged. If the product itself appears significantly damaged, you may refuse delivery. Please notify our store of refusal so we can anticipate the return and send out a new item. Butler Lighting will repair or replace the damaged or defective goods for no additional charge. If a return is desired instead of replacement, the “Standard Return Policy” above applies and there may be a restocking fee and our initial shipping and handling costs will be deducted from the credit. Failure to follow the return procedure for the damaged item may result in a charge for the free replacement item. Returned items that are found to be in working condition or shipped as ordered may not be eligible for a refund. In such a case Butler Lighting will email you for your decision on whether to ship the item back to you at your expense or be refunded with a 50% restocking fee and store credit.
If you would like to cancel an order that has not shipped from our store or the manufacturer, simply contact one of our sales associates at firstname.lastname@example.org or call a showroom WITH-IN 24 hours of placing your order.Shortly after, you will receive an email acknowledging your cancellation request followed by another email either confirming the cancellation or stating that we were unable to cancel. Please allow up to 24 hours for confirmation of cancellation. Please be aware that some items may have already shipped from our store or the manufacturer and be in route for final delivery to you. In such a case, cancellation fees may apply. Once an order has already shipped, it cannot be cancelled, rerouted or redirected. If you would like to return the item, you will need to follow the “Standard Return Policy”. Do not refuse the delivery of non-damaged goods as this will result in up to a 50% restocking fee. A delivery refusal may also result in the loss of your product and may void any possibility of a refund. You may also be charged for round trip shipping costs. Some items that are custom made or built-to-order cannot be cancelled.
Items On Backorder
Due to the pandemic and the huge increase in e-commerce and home improvement sectors, back-orders and supply management issues, globally, have caused many vendors (we purchase from) to move their items to backorders dates seemingly out of nowhere. We get blind-sided by backorders after the fact of order completion, frequently. We always will contact you directly if your item is moved to a back-order date. If you are canceling an order due to backorder, we recommend you first call our store to verify the accuracy of the date before making your final decision. There are times when manufacturers have stated items as back-ordered, only to find that they have already shipped or are going out the next day. On the other hand, if the item is truly unavailable for an extended period, we sincerely apologize for the delay. Thank you for your patience on this matter as we get through these difficult times! You must get a hold of a store associate directly at email@example.com or 335-412-2521 EXT. 1.
Butler Lighting Offers FREE SHIPPING!
In addition to all of our spectacular prices on the widest range of high-quality lighting fixtures, Butler Lighting believes in providing you with the most value possible when it’s time to ship your purchases.
- Receive free shipping on all lighting purchases over $100 to anywhere in the continental United States.
- We do ship to Alaska and Hawaii, however, all orders shipped to these states are subject to a flat fee of $60
- For large orders and orders with oversized items, please contact our customer service agents and they will work with you to determine the best shipping method for your order. Otherwise, the freight or LTL courier will contact you for appointment (THIS IS THE CUSTOMER’S RESPONSIBILITY).
- We cannot be held responsible for missing deliveries once Fedex or UPS (any other provider) indicates that the shipment has been delivered.
- We mostly ship with UPS and FedEx (some large orders use other means of delivery)
- We cannot be responsible for delays in shipping due to an invalid delivery address.
- We do not ship to P.O. boxes.
- If you return an order that was shipped via expedited delivery at your request (meaning overnight, 2nd day air, or 3rd day air), the expedited shipping fee will not be refunded.
- Some fixtures (including some chandeliers and other large lighting fixtures) are too large to ship via UPS or FedEx. These items must be shipped by freight truck. Any items shipped via freight are not eligible for expedited shipping. Truck shipments generally take between two and three weeks for delivery (many times 5-10 business days).
- If you would like your order to be shipped with a signature required upon delivery, please note that request on your order. Orders are not shipped with Signature Service unless requested or UPS/FedEx requires it for your area.
- We are not responsible for any exchange rates charged by your bank and will not reimburse any exchange costs associated with your order.
- We only cover shipping costs for DAMAGED items on arrival. Otherwise, the customer is subject to paying any shipping charges for returns.
If you have any questions about ordering from online or about how we ship any of the lighting that we sell, contact us. We’re here to answer questions about everything from shipping to style. Butler Lighting always has the best prices and selection, so shop with us today and find the best chandeliers, ceiling fans with lights, sconces, and other fixtures that will make your home even more perfect!
Butler Lighting’s Showroom Return Policy:
Customers who place orders by phone or in-store must review their receipt for accuracy within 24 hours.
We are a family owned business of over 70 years, mistakes happen and we can work with you on returning your items!
Please contact your sales representative for the quickest and easiest return. You can start by specifying this via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the showroom you bought the item(s) at.
In some cases there will be return fees.
In-Store Returns Exceptions:
NO RETURNS ON THE FOLLOWING:
- SALES ITEMS
- ITEMS THAT HAVE BEEN INSTALLED
- CUSTOM ITEMS
- USED LIGHT FIXTURES
- USED FURNITURE
ITEMS THAT HAVE RESTOCKING FEES:
- LARGE QUANTITIES
- SPECIAL ORDERS (not custom)
- FURNITURE (still in box)
If you have any questions that are not answered above please contact us email@example.com or use EXTENSION 1 when calling a showroom!
Thank you for shopping with us,
– Butler Lighting